Thursday, 2 February 2012

Blood in the Badlands season 1

So the campaign has started (amidst some confusion as there are some grey areas in the campaign book).

The armies and players are

Me - Lizardmen
Ginge - Empire
Neil - Ogre Kingdoms
Rob - High Elves
Rich F - High Elves
Scott - Dark Elves
Jason - Dark Elves

Bit of a pain having an odd number but we will work around that and modify what we need to. Shame we didnt have more of a mix of armies too, 4 Elf players is pain but they all play very different lists so should be ok in the long run.
My first game is against my enemy Ginge and his not so mighty Empire (haha). For my random event roll I got a naff result so used my wizard tower ability (which all my cities have) to reverse the numbers letting me move one of his armies right next to my capital for my Slaans army to hopefully crush and route early on taking them out of this seasons fighting. It may have seemed silly me picking a very experienced player to be my enemy and going for his throat right away but looking at the other players we have I thought it only fair we duke it out to allow some of the less experienced guys to expand their borders a bit.

Weirdly we both have the same ally, Neils Ogres and they are staying well out of this one, which is good for as since the new army book for Ogres Neils been doing much better than in the past and until I can add a few units to my army I may struggle against his Mournfang and bastard Ironblasters (thats another army that can instant kill my Stegadons).

Have just finished my first unit of Saurus and will post pics when I have finished their bases and movement tray.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know why you have me down as a main rival in this campaign, for the last two years my Fantasy games have consistently dragged down my WDL numbers to the poorer end of the scale. And again you have all these devious plans for scattering my armies... IF you win it's a 50/50 chance. IF you don't, the same odds apply to you...

    ReplyDelete