Sunday, 7 November 2010

Painting Competition Entry


This will most likely be what I paint up for the Painting Comp at the http://www.hammernales.co.uk/ Club Im a member of. I was considering entering my Space Wolves (next post) but unfortunatly the Purity Seal varnish went wrong and ruined them, I have managed to recover most of the lost paintjob but it's not to the standard they were painted to originally. Needless to say I was a little upset. Anyways this is my Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, as you can see I have given him a Greater Daemon head as the one(s) he is supplied with just dont seem to be big enough for his body, he looks like a BeetleJuice extra. I havent glued it on as its kinda big and limits where I can get too. The base I made using some Bloodletter Swords trimmed and a skull from the Arcane Ruins set to make a Chaos Star and it helped to make the Prince stand in a better stance as his tabbard hangs a little close to the ground if you just have him flat footed. I like it. Had my metal Prince in the baskground to see size comparison but that pic came out crap and I couldnt be bothered to redo it as charging batteries, there is big diff in size though. Lets hop the non metallic metals paintjob on a pink model works out lol.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been a fan of that particular head, but the size compared to the body does look good. And that chaos star base was a cracking idea, well done mate :o)

    Looking forward to seeing it painted. I can't deny I think you'll be one of the front runners :o)

    ReplyDelete