Saturday, 27 February 2010

Space Wolves

Now its not in my nature to gush over a kit but I do love this new Space Wolves plastic box set (that my GF bought me for X-mas). This is the start of my army which I will be building up over the next year or so. As an avid fan of Dark Angels this is an unusual choice for me and although Dark Angels will always be my first love I have a desire to be wolf like. I love wolves and even have a yin yang tattoo with wolves paws as the dots (not panda paws as some of my friends like to claim). Anywho as I'm doing this in between doing my Lizardmen army I thought would be good way to start showcasing how I paint stuff in steps. Also I'm going to try and stick to the fluff as much as possible. This will come out in my army as much as I can make it, for instance my guys carrying the Wolf Standards are more ornate than the guys carrying Power Weapons as its a higher honour. I wont have any Rhinos as Wolves like to cover the last bit on foot and just use them to get to the battle. If they ever do Fenrisian Wolves I will be loading up on them too. I will be using a darker grey and using some other guides online, ( http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/ is a great one to follow if you like this army ) with my own personal touches. Enjoy and my finalized 2000 points list will be posted soon as I find where I put it.


8 comments:

  1. I always thought they were 'hello kitty' paws on your tattoo.
    I give it a few months before you get a load of rhinos though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I give you one game of being blasted to bits by mine or Ginge's ordnance weapons while you're stuck the other side of the table. It really sucks that the style of the game forces players into taking mech lists.

    We should start playing different missions really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hence why Battle Missions will be joining my library at the end of the month (would do it sooner, but just had the car in for an expensive MOT, gonna lay off buying warhammer this month :o/)

    The ToFG stuff looks cool too dude. I only have the bases and snow spray to do on the second half of my biker squad and I too will have completed a 2k army :oD

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you do your snow coz i wana put abit on my space wolves bases but the stuf i have i had to mix white paint into the pva or it went to clear. also i wont need the rhinos in the plan, you will have 2 landspeeders flying at your ordanance chuckers, a drop pod unit with 9 bloodclaws and a wolf priest, a rune priest firing d6 str 7 shots at 24" and a long fang pack with 4 heavy weapons and their razorback with twinlink lascannon. so alot of things that can take out or distract while my 2 10 man grey hunter packs casual stroll across battlefield or hold objectives. and cant wait for battle missions from WD they look really good and will def make our monday night games more fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a tub of white flock, though I found putting it over a white base it looked yellowish... not so bad under your fenrisian wolves but not the reputation you want for your long fangs!

    As such I mix skull white and space wolves grey in a 4:1 mix, paint that on the base. The bases are covered with sand/gravel that get's base coated black when I undercoat the models. I then sprinkle the flock on. I may still have some guides on other ways to do it somewhere, particularly if you want drifting snow. But for basic across the base stuff like mine, just use the above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mixing paints sounds like a hassle. Try doing your base with Astronomicon Grey, perhaps dry brush skull white or dheneb stone, then putting GW snow flock over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reason I mix is because the slight blue hint of Space Wolves Grey makes the white flock appear whiter. It's one of those weird things to do with paint - a bit of blue makes white appear whiter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these wolves look really cool rich

    ReplyDelete