Sunday, 17 January 2010

TOFG Month 3

Welcome to Hell lol. This is my first part of Month 3 done, 2nd Defiler for my army. Gone for a Nurgle theme using some websites for advice on the best way to drybrush such a large model and still make it look good. Luckily the Soulgrinder Model is very textured on the large flesh areas. I used a couple of coats of increasingly lighter green up from Dark Angels green to Goblin green then a final drybrush of Bleached Bone, very lightly. I didnt use washed on the skin unusual for me but i didnt think it needed it as the mix of greens worked really well. The bronze is Tin Bitz with a Hawk Turquiose wash in to make it look like old bronze, with light gold on the Chaos marks on his front, looks ok I have to say. Then I used P3 paint Pig Iron for the metal as its darker than Boltgun Metal and gives better look to this model.



4 comments:

  1. I think I prefer the paint scheme on the other one, but I've never been a fan of nurgle :oP From a quality point of view it's very good.

    I've not finished anything yet... :oS gonna try to get some done this weekend when I get back from going oop north. Can't paint up there, it's too dark and damp in the old cave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah and its hard to paint and rape at the same time lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good. I'm really looking forward to seeing these armies at the end of the month. think it'll be nice to see everyone else's results of three months hard slog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah esp as we havnt really seen yours. i played mt TOFG 1500pt list against new guy last night so id have story for this month and tabled him turn 7 :P but was good game though and is first time ive taken a land raider down with my anti tank light army

    ReplyDelete